Fall is just around the corner, and if you’re like me, you may possibly be jumping for joy at the mirage of pumpkins, cinnamon, and fall leaves that seem still to be so distant in this California heat. And while many of us long for the cooler temps and school day structure that comes with the fall season, we also find ourselves ready to reel in our summer fancies for a grounding in something eternal.
If you’re feeling the itch to dive back into a bible study group this fall, may I suggest five awesome reasons to consider using my new book, “Clean Home, Messy Heart: Promises of Renewal, Hope, and Change for Overwhelmed Moms”:
- Book Length | The book itself isn’t long at all—written with the schedules of busy moms in mind. An Amazon.com reviewer wrote, “I love the fact that it’s not too long to where you get bored and don’t finish it, and it’s not too short to allow you to fly through it not remembering what you read.”
- Study Reflections | Each of the eight chapters of the book provide a study reflection question, memory verse, and prayer prompt to help reinforce the theme discussed as well as the Scriptures referenced. This is designed to guide readers deeper into their own heart struggles, using God’s Word to strengthen their confidence in him as the source for lasting change.
- Small Group Leader Guide | If you are considering the idea of leading a bible study for the first time, or are simply looking for suggestions to implement in your existing group, “Clean Home, Messy Heart” provides a four-page leader guide at the back of the book containing suggestions for how to best use the material in a group study context.
- Free Small Group Kit | I’ve taken the guess work out of running an 8-week small group study using this book. Essentially, the Small Group Kit is a “bible study in a box” concept (minus the ladies and the Holy Spirit!)—containing everything you need to run your group. It includes 8 weeks of leader discussion guides, social media graphics, post scripts, and much more. Best of all, it’s completely free to you—simply there to assist your group through the study. Click here to learn more about this kit.
- 40 Day Reflection Journal | Did you know about the “Clean Home, Messy Heart 40 Day Scripture Reflection Journal” available on Amazon.com? This journal is specifically designed to pair with the book, offering eight weeks of guided journal pages designed to reinforce weekly themes and Scriptures referenced in the book itself. Also included in the book are two blank note pages per week, giving women the chance to take notes during group meetings or to use the pages as the place where they write their reflections and prayers after they conclude each chapter. The journal is a powerful tool to lead women daily to God’s Word in a purposeful, deliberate way. Click here to learn more about the Reflection Journal.
Those are just some of the reasons your group should consider using CHMH as your next bible study book! You can always check out the book listing on Amazon or Barnes & Noble to learn more about reader reviews…here are a few quick links for you:
- View book on Amazon
- View book on Barnes & Noble
- View book on ChristianBook
- View reflection journal on Amazon
As always, I would love to hear from you if you’re considering using this book for your next study! Please send me a comment to let me know more about your group and if you have questions! I am available to Skype with groups (depending on availability) should you wish to have an author Q&A session at the conclusion. Happy reading!
You must be logged in to post a comment.