About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews Sharon Betters and Susan Hunt about their book, Aging with Grace: Flourishing in an Anti-Aging Culture. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• What does the Bible have to say about aging?
• What does Jesus Christ offer to the aging woman who is struggling with a sense of purposelessness in her life?
• What does it mean to “travel heavenward” as we age, and how can this biblical concept encourage us during seasons of grief and loss?
• What does fruitfulness and flourishing look like in our older years of life?
• Which biblical narratives are helpful for the aging woman who feels like it’s too late for God to use or redeem her?
• What are some practical questions we can ask ourselves to help maintain a biblical perspective on what’s going on in our lives as we age?
About the Guest
Sharon Betters is a mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, pastor’s wife, and cofounder of MARKINC Ministries, where she is the Director of Resource Development. Sharon is the author of several books, including Treasures of Encouragement, Treasures in Darkness, and co-author with Susan Hunt of Aging with Grace. She is the co-host of the Help & Hope podcast and writes Daily Treasure, an online devotional.
Susan Hunt is the widow of pastor Gene Hunt, a mother, a grandmother, and the former director of women’s ministries for the Presbyterian Church in America. Hunt has written over 20 books, including Spiritual Mothering.
About the Book
Aging with Grace: Flourishing in an Anti-Aging Culture
There are many blessings that come with age: retirement, grandchildren, travel, and life experience. Today’s culture, however, marginalizes old age, often portraying it as burdensome and hopeless. Many older women can feel like an encumbrance rather than a blessing to their friends and family members. In response to these struggles, Sharon Betters and Susan Hunt encourage women to find hope through both real-life and biblical accounts of women who rediscovered gospel-rooted joy later in life. In each chapter, readers will be encouraged as they experience afresh a gospel that is big enough, good enough, and powerful enough to make every season of life significant and glorious.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Hosted by IBCD Outreach Director Christine M. Chappell.
You must be logged in to post a comment.