About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews Megan Hill about her book, Patience: Waiting with Hope. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• What is a biblical view of impatience and how can it manifest in daily life?
• How does impatience affect our relationships with God and others?
• Why is it important for God’s people to take seriously the charge to wait well—and with hope?
• How does the gospel empower believers to cultivate the fruit of patience?
• Why is it true that “trials are the school of patience?”
• How can believers redeem the time in the midst of a season of waiting?
• How does the gospel empower believers to cultivate patience in the midst of conflict?
About the Guest
Megan Hill is a pastor’s daughter and a pastor’s wife. She lives with her husband and four children in Massachusetts, where she is a member of West Springfield Covenant Community Church (PCA). She is the author of several books and an editor for The Gospel Coalition.
About the Book
Do you find your patience running thin when you are forced to wait for a greenlight or a dawdling child? In a culture that strives for maximum efficiency and instant gratification, it’s easy to get frustrated when we are forced to wait. We expect an apology or compensation in return for our “patience.” But this is bitter endurance, not true patience. We need to be reminded of patience as God intended it and how it can bring us peace in our fast-paced world. In this devotional, Megan Hill puts patience back into perspective with thirty-one daily reflections and calls to action. It’s easy to see patience as what it is not and forget what patience is. Being patient is more than just not getting upset when your restaurant order is delayed. Patience is faithfulness over time. It’s the diligent practice of godliness while you wait. It is a virtue that Christ embodied here on earth, and with his help, we can understand and cultivate steadfast patience ourselves.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Hosted by IBCD Outreach Director Christine M. Chappell. Listeners can subscribe on major streaming platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, & iHeart.
You must be logged in to post a comment.