About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews Caroline Newheiser and Cheryl Marshall about their book, When Words Matter Most: Speaking Truth with Grace to Those You Love. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• Why do you think it can be such a challenge to know which words to say when someone is worried, weary, wayward, or weeping?
• What does it mean to be a gracious friend?
• How can we grow to become a more gracious friend?
• What are some biblical principals for graciously speaking to someone who is reluctant or refusing to listen to us?
• What are some biblical principals for speaking graciously to someone who is weeping and/or grieving?
• How do the Scriptures encourage those who don’t feel like they know how to speak God’s truth in a gracious way?
• Why is it important for us to remember that we’re not our friend’s savior?
About the Guests
Caroline Newheiser (MACC, Reformed Theological Seminary, Charlotte) is an ACBC-certified counselor. She has been a pastor’s wife for over thirty years and is currently the assistant coordinator of women’s counseling at Reformed Theological Seminary, Charlotte. Caroline’s ministries include counseling, blogging, and speaking to women’s groups. You can connect with her at carolinenewheiser.com.
Cheryl Marshall (MM, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is a wife, mom, counselor, and Bible teacher. She has over twenty-five years of experience teaching and discipling women, and she currently serves as director of women’s ministries at Founders Baptist Church in Spring, Texas. You can connect with her at cherylmarshall.com.
You may sense your loved ones need to hear biblical encouragement or advice but, feeling inadequate for the task, you might simply commiserate or say nothing. God calls you to something more.
In When Words Matter Most, Cheryl Marshall and Caroline Newheiser help you discern spiritual needs and give biblical, heartfelt guidance. Through real-life stories and carefully chosen Scripture passages, they model what to say to those who are worried, weary, wayward, or weeping. You’ll learn how to speak truth to others in your sphere of influence and strengthen the body of Christ as a whole.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Hosted by IBCD Outreach Director Christine M. Chappell.