About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews Esther Smith about her book, A Still and Quiet Mind: Twelve Strategies for Changing Unwanted Thoughts. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• What types of thoughts could be categorized as “unwanted?”
• What are some common reasons why we might we be unaware of the content in our “thought life?”
• Why isn’t the thought-change process as easy or automatic as we wish it would be?
• What helpful questions can we ask ourselves as we seek to know and examine our unwanted thoughts?
• Why is learning to pray our unwanted thoughts to God a critical part of the overall thought-change process?
• Why is it important to “disentangle” where our unwanted thoughts come from and where they are taking us?
• What does it mean to “repair” our thoughts and what are three biblically-faithful components of working through that process?
About the Guest
Esther Smith (MA in Counseling, Liberty University; Certificate from Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation) is a licensed counselor who specializes in helping people who experience trauma, anxiety, and physical illness. She is the author of A Still and Quiet Mind and Chronic Illness (31-Day Devotionals for Life) and coauthor of The Whole Life.
About the Book
A Still and Quiet Mind: Twelve Strategies for Changing Unwanted Thoughts
Are you distracted by racing or anxious thoughts? Distressed by intrusive or irrational thoughts? Struggling with sinful or untrue thoughts? You may feel trapped in your own head, but God and his Word have given you many different ways to find freedom.
In this practical and sympathetic guidebook, biblical counselor Esther Smith provides twelve powerful strategies that are targeted to different thought struggles. Each chapter is filled with a variety of exercises so that you can begin to change your thoughts right away and live at peace.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Hosted by IBCD Outreach Director Christine M. Chappell. Listeners can subscribe on major streaming platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, & iHeart.
You must be logged in to post a comment.